Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Of Mice and Babies

I thought I would write this because well let's be honest I have a lot to say, again.

First the babies.  I broke the news to the class today bout the babies by writing on the smart board that they are ALL pregnant.  Yes even the guys.  That definitely shocked some students.  and who knew it was the talk of having to take a baby home that would get the class interested in actually paying attention?!  So a little information, the baby is American Indian because obviously we live in Alaska and the students are native.  The question I get from the students (almost every single one of them at a seperate time), "Why is the baby black?"  Apparently the baby is more dark than anything. 

Anyways, I could go forever on that class but, I have to get to the mice part of this post.  I was watching the Gilmore Girls dvd and kinda paying attention to my computer at the same time when I noticed a movement from the corner of my eye.  I looked over at the trash can and had thoroughly convinced myself it was just the piece of paper on the floor (totally not realizing that the paper shouldn't move on it's own) when out of no where there was a mouse!!!!  I just start screaming ew ew ew ew ew ew!! and of course felicia seemed concerned, though still totally sitting in our recliner only looking concerned or should I say confused?  Well anyways, the hilarious part is that she thought I would protect her from the mouse by standing in front of her as we lightly, slowly and carefully made our way into the kitchen for her empty coffee can to trap the mouse in.  Of course the mouse had already vanished behind the cabinets by that time.  Rats, I guess it will have to wait until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment