Sunday, October 2, 2011

New Teacher Inservice

First off, what a week!  Actually, what a month!  It seems like it was just September first, then I blink and now it's October 2nd.  How did that happen?  Only 2 months and 23 days until Christmas, I'm not sure that I'm happy with that though because I have bought absolutely NO Christmas presents as of yet, or a plane ticket (sorry mom, I'm on it though!).

So, this weekend we had another new teacher training.  Yes that certain mysterious someone was there.  Yes I acted like a total nerd that I am.  Yes he totally acted like a nerd as well. In fact, the amazing Heather has nicknamed him Urkel and you guessed it, I'm Myra (I think that's how her name was spelled).  I need guts, I have none (let me clarify...I have not guts because i think he's amazingly cute and I just don't know what to say).  And for those that have mentioned that he might read this, I doubt it.  Only a few people know the link (unless someone has shared it with the other new teachers?).  Anyway, if it does get shared I wouldn't mind.  So back to the extreme awkwardness.  Here I am trying to teach my kids to be more confident when talking to each other, and I have no confidence to talk to one person.  Wow, thank goodness none of the kids saw that.  And to mom, it looks like you don't have to worry.  I am the same person as I was there.  That means I would totally mess it up before it started by being the dork that I am.



On another note, I did learn some new strategies to take back to the kiddies.  Well, if they will buy into them that is.  AND, i got to talk to the other awesomely fantastic new teachers :).  Oh, and I'm proud of my roommate, she totally got her Alaska License!

The mountains have snow on them, that means it wont be long before it snows here in the village.  I really hope those gloves I ordered from Sierratradingpost.com make it in the mail soon.  I promise pictures when it does snow :).  Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment