Monday, August 8, 2011

First Work Day

Boy am I exhausted!!!  

This morning I woke up around 6 am to a cold room because I had left my bedroom door shut when I fell asleep.  Unfortunately that means I kept the heat out because the heater is in the front room.  So I went to the couch and sat on it to warm up before I could really function enough to get breakfast.

After we got ready to come to our first work day!!  My roommate was the first to try dumping the honey bucket.....hehe...That just means it's my turn next time :(

I did dump the water under our sink though! :)  That's not too hard of a job though. 

Anyway, I got my classroom all set up...well except cleaning a few more places.  So I can focus on lessons now and learning myself before I teach the kids.  From the look of things I will be doing A LOT of learning.  that's ok though.  That's what I signed up for.

Everyone I've been meeting and talking to has been nice and friendly.  This place definitely has a small town vibe (of course since it's a village or should I say small village vibe?) and that's good.  I think that will help me.

Now I just have to write out my expectations and my rules for the class so I can brainstorm what will be good and what doesn't really need mentioning.

Tootles for now

No comments:

Post a Comment